Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Surprise

Stu finished his last class of his college career on Friday.  To kind of celebrate, we went up to Portland to see his family and have dinner with his sister on Saturday.  The idea was to just get out of town for a little bit.  On Sunday, Stu surprised me by asking if I wanted to go to the coast.  I have really been wanting to make it over to the Newport area because I miss the ocean but we just haven't made the time; Stu has always been busy with school and I was always busy with work.  It was really cool to just decide to go spur of the minute.  We ended up crossing over from Wilsonville and stopped at Lincoln City and then went down to Newport for lunch/dinner (it was pretty late by the time we made it) at the original Rogue Brewery.  The funny thing was that we also decided to go through the wax museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not while we were there.  It was pretty funny going through those things.  I was totally freaked out in the wax museum though.  It was all dark and creepy...The best part of the trip, of course, was the taffy that we brought home.  It was definitely a great way to end the weekend!

the classic bridge picture

         
I found a Big Daddy!!  You have to click on this picture to make it bigger.  I didn't notice this at the time but my flash totally caught the "Big Daddy's" eyes.  Creepy!!  EEK!

No comments: