Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jorma's Memorial

This weekend was a crazy busy, sad, happy, exhausting weekend.  Jorma's memorial was held in Port Orford so Stu and I, among many other friends of Jorma's, drove down to the place most of us have called home at one time or another.  Stu and I arrived into town early and were able to make it down to the beach.


It was the most beautiful day to be on the coast.  I couldn't believe it!  In the middle of January and Port Orford was sunny and almost 70!  And most importantly, NOT WINDY!  I have lived in Port Orford for a while and the conditions are never like this, even in the summer!  It was so great to walk down past Battle Rock, almost all the way to Hubbard's Creek and think about good times.  I broke my ankle on that beach.  I rode on a deflated mattress behind a friend's car on that beach.  I've had bonfires on that beach and watched the most awesome fireworks in the world.  So many memories.  It was just so nice to be down there to celebrate someone's life and have it be so beautiful.


Home.  I see you!


Our youth pastor Josh, his wife Evie, Tyler, Me, Sara, Jory, Amber, and AJ

This is a picture of old high school friend who came to the memorial.  There were a lot more people there but this picture was taken of the people who were in youth group together.  We met Amber in college and Jory didn't live in Port Orford when we were in high school but everyone else spent Wednesday nights in the youth room at Langlois Community Church ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this may be invasive of me because I wasn't that close to Jorma, but can I ask what happened? I barely knew him and he was the one holding my hair back and carrying me into the bathroom when I drank to much. I am sad.