Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Places from My Childhood

After my parent's left, seems I just couldn't handle being away from them. They left my house and drove down to visit my aunt in Cave Junction. I decided that my new car needed to go on its first road trip, so three days later, I was driving down to Cave Junction too!

The crazy thing is that my cousin has lived in Eugene longer than I have and we lost contact a really long time ago. We kept giving our numbers to our moms only to have them lose them or give us the wrong number so we haven't talked in years. While my mom was visiting, I was actually able to get in touch with Sarah and we decided to make the trip to Cave Junction together (since my parent's were staying with her mom.) The drive down was the best part of the trip because I was able to catch up with Sarah and get to know her son Domanick (almost 3!)

It was a perfect summer day in Cave Junction. I have spent most of my life growing up there (ages 0-4 and then 9-16) and have a lot of memories in that town. It was weird to drive through and see buildings torn down and new ones erected and it was really crazy to have the option to stop for lunch at Subway. When I was in high school, the only thing you could eat at that was "fast food" was Dairy Queen or Giant Burger!



Right before we left to come back to Eugene, we decided to go swimming at the gauging station up the river. This is quite literally the swimming hole that I learned how to swim in. It was beautiful and crystal clear and unchanged. What a great way to spend the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out my blog