Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tom Petty Concert

For Stu's 25th birthday this year, his family gave him tickets to the Tom Petty concert at the Columbia River Gorge so this last weekend, Stu and I drove up for the show.  I ended up taking a bunch of pictures but am only going to post a few.  The weather was great so the drive was really nice and the show was AWESOME!

Driving on the 205...

Stu and I stopped at the 7-11 in Yakima (where his parents had gotten us a hotel room) because we wanted to get a 6 pack of beer to drink (tailgating of course) in the parking lot right before the show.  We drove up and this guy was passed out in the handicapped parking space.  I know that it is a sad picture but I couldn't help it.  I am a terrible person.

The valley that we drove into in Washington.  I'm pretty sure that the town's name is Ellensburg but I can't remember now.

We made it all the way to Washington without getting caught in traffic.  Then we get on the dirt road (what should have been about 10 minutes outside of the parking for the show) and we get stopped by traffic.  We were stuck pretty much in place for an hour and a half.  This half naked man stepped out of his house to check out what was going on.  I thought, since I wasn't doing anything else, that I would take advantage of the photo op!


The traffic was so slow that passengers were getting out of their cars and walking so that they could legally drink beer (there were police officers placed along the road).  They would walk until their drivers caught up and then grab another beer.  The guy in the mirror was too lazy so he just sat on the hood.  I don't know if you can make him out but it's kinda funny.


It took to long to get to the show to drink our beer in the parking lot so we just went in.  It took some shoving and backtracking but Stu and I found our seats before Tom Petty went on.  7th row!!  We were so close!


Man, he is looking pretty old.  But the show was great!  There was tons of energy and most of the people around us were crazy/drunk/high!  Even Tom was taking some hits off of something between the songs.  Haha.



1 comment:

Kenton Henry said...

You guys had really amazing seats! Those are great photos! What a great concert venue too. I've never been up there. :\