Wednesday, March 4, 2009

community helpers are people who help us in the community...



Sometimes, I get overwhelmed. I love my job. I do. But sometimes, in the middle of a week, I really feel like I can't wait for the weekend. Days like today bring me down to Earth and make me realize that I really do have an awesome job. I get to be involved in the time of a person's life when they are learning and exploring and being shaped into the person they will grow up to be. I love that I get to be around students when they come to school and give you hugs and cuddle on you for comfort.


We have been teaching the preschoolers about Community Helpers for the last couple of weeks and we scheduled a visit from some firefighters and their fire truck today. The kids were so excited to go outside and see people who they have been learning about! The group that came was really cool and let the kids spray the water out of the hose and in the afternoon they let them climb into the driver's seat for a picture (The day is split up into two different classes, one AM and one in the PM.) The kids were great, minus spraying the one firefighter with water when he was putting out some cones to aim the water at ;-)


No comments: