Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Artwork

i really want to make this blog a more personalized thing without writing too many blogs that do nothing but tell you what i did today.  im sure that no one really wants to hear that since i spend most of my days hanging out with people under the age of five.  so i have decided that i would post some of my pieces of art that i am fond of:


this is actually my rendition of Picaso's self-portrait.  it is done in charcoal and framed by matte paper


this picture is done in charcoal.  i felt that the picture looked better with the matte included but also wanted to take a close up because it is one of my favorites.  this picture was actually framed in glass but i took it out so that i wouldn't get a glare in the photo of it.  (i really should have taken one of those "photographing your artwork classes at the craft center before i left.)


the close up


this is actually a watercolor that i did the other night.  the subject was a picture from the internet.  i have never actually used watercolor paint so i was pretty pleased.  i think i may have found a new favorite medium. (-:


one of my favorites.  my first ever oil painting and definitely my best.  the original painting, the outline of the woman underneath, was done in 2005.  i was unsatisfied but never got around to fixing it; i find oils difficult for me to work with because of my lack of patience.  however, i decided to paint over the original last year and was really very happy with what came about.  i liked how the two paintings went together.  i have yet to decide whether it is finished or not.

anyway, those are a few of my pieces that i really like.  im excited because i have finally set up my easel in a permanent place in our extra bedroom, organized my paints, and plan on making an art store run soon for more paper and paints, etc.  hopefully 2008 will be an inspired year!

1 comment:

Kenton Henry said...

Thanks for sharing your art! I really like your stuff. :) I've been meaning to get out my paints to fix a painting...maybe soon...