Friday, May 2, 2008

and I'm off!

Tyler called me last night and let me know that she was going down to Port Orford, my home town, for the weekend.  Her sister (this crazy, amazing, over-achiever) has written a play, is starring and singing three songs in it tonight.  So it is decided that since I haven't been to Port Orford in months, make that like since September for Sara and AJ's wedding, I am going to go with her.  Totally spur of the moment for me but I didn't really have any huge plans.  I figured that we would hang out with Kenton and Katrina but I'm sure that they will understand that I haven't seen Tyler, or even the Port Orford side of my family, in a really, really long time.

Anyway, as the plan goes, I'm going to get off of work early and meet Tyler at my house at 1 this afternoon and then will be in Port Orford, up the glorious Elk River until Sunday morning.  I'm excited.  I haven't been on a "road trip" with Tyler in a long time and now we both live so far away from each other and work so much, that we never get to visit.  EVER!  Plus it is Tyler's little sister's prom on Saturday....do I hear a prom crashing on the way?? ;-).  It kind of used to be a thing of ours...to dress in our prom dresses multiple times, and go to surrounding towns about an hour into their prom and dance it up.  We even took some Bandon Prom glasses once.  Hahaha.  We are so cool...I'm pretty sure that they won't let 24 year old's in...

Okay, okay.  So I'm going to be gone.  And I know that the weather will be good here and crappy in Port Orford, like it always is...so enjoy it while I'm gone and I'll bring you back some wet, cloudy pictures of the beach!

No comments: