Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Hot One!

This weekend has definitely been a hot one as most of you probably know. Unfortunately, while I love our house, it does not come with air conditioning and one side is in the full view of the afternoon sun so it gets really hot! The poor ferrets kept sprawling on one of their levels in their cage in front of the fan that I put in their room.

On Saturday, we had Kenton and Katrina over. We pretty much hang out every weekend and have been talking about having them over at our place but it just never has worked out before because we didn't want to make Finn fall asleep at a strange house. But yesterday, we decided to do dinner at mine and Stu's place and then hang out at their place afterwards. 

It was really cool to have them over because Finn has been waiting to meet the ferrets. I keep putting up pictures of the ferrets and when Katrina shows them to him, he always shows interest so we have wanted him to meet them for a while. It was so cute!  I am posting pictures so that Katrina can have them for her blog too!  This post is going to make it look like I am stalking her son but I really didn't mean too...


I think that Finn was a little unsure about the weasels at first.  This is the only picture of an adult that I took yesterday.  Apparently, I don't care about anyone if they are over the age of 3...sorry guys!

Oliver has this thing for his squeaky toys.  If you squeak one, he will come running from anywhere in the house to find it.  We taught Finn how to get his attention.  Oliver really liked Finn.  He was actually laying on the floor and letting Finn pet him and play with him and he is usually running around like a crazy weasel!  At one point, I put Oliver on Finn shoulders and Oliver started giving Finn kisses all over, in his hair and on his face.  It was super cute!

Cinder was pretty curious about Finn and what he was doing with her toys.  Ha ha.  And Finn really liked the ferrets' black "ball-ball."

Because Stu and I have weird pets, Finn was able to meet the frogs too.  I think that he really liked them because he kept crawling up on the chair to look in their tank.  In this picture I was trying to convince Finn to touch Hurley, which he did a second later and Hurley, surprised, hissed at him...hahaha.

We were bbq-ing on the porch and, while Stu had thought that he had swept it well enough, apparently we have a gross porch, as you can tell from Finn's face after he was crawling around.  Sorry we are so disgusting guys ;-)

He discovered the frog mister though and was able to clean himself up!  Mostly, he was just super hot so he was trying to cool himself down.

After we finished dinner, we went to Coldstone and then over to the Henry's house to hang out.  It was a really fun night and it was cool that they were able to come over and meet the ferrets and to hang out at our place for the first time.  This morning, Oliver was running around trying to find Finn so I think that he is in love and they will have to hang out again sometime when it is less hot so that we don't all roast!


3 comments:

Kenton Henry said...

What a fun day! Thanks for sharing the photos! I'll be stealing them now for my own blog. :P

Anonymous said...

That was fun. My arm and shoulder are sore now from Boom Blox. :)

Also, I remembered that the Vintage is on Lincoln, between 8th and broadway, not on your street.

-kenton

nglusman said...

Every trip to Jacque and Stu's place turns into a trip to the petting zoo..