Sunday, July 6, 2008

The actual Fourth of July was pretty fun.  Of course, I didn't take a single picture that day but it is probably for the best.  Stu and I went up to his parents' house and celebrated with them.  It was cloudy and too cold to go swimming or to put the boat in the river so instead, we all decided to just hang out.  We had a really good dinner and a nice firework show (Stu lit them off of the dock and it worked out really nice because we could see the neighbors' who were all lighting them off their docks too).  Megan and I ended the evening jumping in the freezing cold Willamette River naked.  Needless to say, there was some alcohol involved.  But at least I didn't complain about having to work the next day in a meeting right??  (Yes, I am aware that there was no work the next day but still).

Tomorrow is the first day of work in THREE WEEKS!  I'm excited to be getting back and to see friends but not so happy about going from relaxing all day to working 8 hours a day.  I'm sure it will work out.  As Katrina and Kenton pointed out, we only have a few weeks of work and then it will be vacation time again and time to go to Seattle!  Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

Jesse and Carolyn said...

I'm glad you don't have to be hung over for the meeting tomorrow. Good news. I'm also glad you got to have fun and jump in a river!

Jax said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on the Fourth here in Eugene. And I am totally jealous of the desserts you guys made!