Monday, July 14, 2008

A Whole Lot of Henry :-)

This weekend we were able to spend a lot of time with Kenton, Katrina, and Finn.  When we were on our vacation (and had the exact same vacation time), that we didn't get to hang out all that often but this weekend we definitely got in some Henry time!
On Friday, Katrina and Kenton went to watch their friend at his recital so we were trusted with Finn.  It was really fun!  And I think that Finn had a pretty good time.  Granted, he was only over at our house for two hours (not really enough time to get bored) but still!  Finn played with the ferrets, who are totally in love with him now.  Oliver followed him around everywhere and Cinder kept trying to give him kisses.  We also took Finn over to the little playground next to Noah's house and Stu flew this helicopter that we have.  Finn even let us put on his pjs.  I wanted to get him ready just in case he was going to fall asleep on the way home in the car (which he didn't, of course).  I asked him if he was ready to get his pjs on and he told me no.  Then I told him that Stu would help and he got all excited and stayed still the whole time!  Now I know that Stu's name is totally my leverage with him!

On Saturday, Stu and I went to the Oregon Country fair with Katrina, Kenton and Finn.  It was really really hot but a lot of fun!  I love going there because there is great food and lots of people watching to do.  I definitely got my fill of old man butt!  We stayed until about 3:30 and, while we were all having a good time, I was definitely ready to go home.  I was so tired!  

We stopped under this tent to get some rest towards the end and there was this band playing


Katrina and Finn...and half of Kenton.  Sorry I cut you out Kenton.  I didn't know!


There is a man there, I swear ;-)


Finally.  I mean, who could go without a nice thong/loin cloth picture?


Gypsies


One of my favorites.  The Gypsies dancing to a little girl playing the fiddle.





He was on a box in the middle of an "intersection."

I have more pictures but I think that I am going to have to make an album for them.

2 comments:

Kenton Henry said...

Good pictures! You definitely captured some of the flavor of the fair in those shots. :)

So nice of you guys to watch Finn for us too. He really had a great time!

Jesse and Carolyn said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the Fair! Thanks for the butt picture, by the way. Now I feel like I was really there. :)

There were gypsies in Azerbaijan. They didn't dance on stilts though, darn it!