Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bike Rides on a Nice Day

Today Stu and I officially broke out our bikes.  Well, to be truthful, I think that Stu has ridden it to campus a few times before today but I haven't ridden my bike since we moved into this house last August.  It makes me nervous riding downtown, especially since a guy died after being hit by a car just like three blocks from here.  But I decided to brave it.

My tires were flat after it's long hibernation in our basement but once a homeless man made fun of me for walking my bike and then pointed me in the direction of an air pump at Berg's Ski Shop, I rode my bike to campus to meet Stu after his class.  It was great because the weather wasn't too hot.  

Anyway, I feel like it is officially summer now that I have ridden my wreck of a bike.  On that note, I really need to take it in for a tune up cause I'm pretty sure that my front brake (which is the only one that works anymore) is about ready to stop working at any moment.

1 comment:

Jesse and Carolyn said...

I love how even the homeless people are helpful in Eugene.